Monday, March 9, 2009

New master bedroom makeover

If you haven't already heard, we decided to do a little bedroom makeover. I spilled foundation makeup all over our comforter when I ran over to catch Pierce from rolling off the bed awhile back. I had no idea that foundation stains so badly!!! So I decided to go ahead and get a new comforter, sheets, curtains, etc..

I fell in love with this damask comforter right away when I found it online. I then bought yellow and white striped sheets from pottery barn to go with it (since I usually love that color combo). However, when I put them together on my bed I was a little disappointed since it looked a little off to me. (They always look different when you see them in person)

Then I talked Chris into a last minute decision to paint our walls a light to med gray hoping it would make the bedding look better. We went out and bought the paint without taking the swatches home first.... BIG mistake!!!! We brought the paint home, put it on the walls, and it was almost black!!! So we went back to the store and ended up adding a gallon of white paint to lighten it up. It did help, however, it still wasn't as light as I had planned. Even though Chris had been a great sport this entire time, he said that we would have to use the paint the way it was or not at all. So we ended up using a med gray on the walls even though I still think it looks a little dark for our room. I now call our room our "little cave" or our "love dungeon" ha ha! It really doesn't look that bad I'm exaggerating just a little :) You will have to let me know what you think :)
The Room Before

Getting ready to paint

The room after


Close up of the bedding


11 comments:

Alyssa Griffeth said...

I love it! How fun! I love anything damask...where did you find the duvet cover?

I got Olivia's little chair thing at Target of all places! It is red, cream, and tan. I was sick of having the huge high chair taking over my kitchen, and Olivia loves to sit up to the table with us. I've also seen similar ones at Babies R Us and Wal-Mart. I think this one was only like $25 though, and I liked these colors best!

Scott, Kasie, Payton and Emmett said...

WOW!! The room looks awesome!!! I love your headboard!!! I must say I am jealous of this love dungeon! Makes me want to get new bedding!! haha

Alyssa Griffeth said...

The brand is Fisher-Price. I bought it a month or two ago, and I've seen it there recently. It's not near the high chairs though...It's more by the baby tubs, etc. Here's the link (I don't know why it's sooo long!):

http://www.target.com/Fisher-Price-B7275-Healthy-Care-Booster/dp/B001GQ2RWQ/sr=1-4/qid=1236647203/ref=sr_1_4/192-9657814-6389706?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=0&index=target&rh=k%3Afisher%20price%20booster&page=1

Jessica said...

The room looks great Court!!! I love the colors and I don't think the walls are too dark at all...they're actually a perfect shade of grey if you ask me:) And p.s. Pierce is way too cute for words! I love him!

Photo By Emilie said...

Thanks so much for entering to win one of my photo shoots on giveawaytoday. Good Luck!!
Emilie
Be sure to check out my website
www.photobyemilie.com

Bethany said...

I loved seeing this because we are in the middle of making over our bedroom! I LOVE the comforter!!

Alyssa Griffeth said...

Are you serious? I have NO IDEA why our picture was on that website! I had never been to it until today. I just went to it and couldn't find our photo! Was it on the front page?

Glad the booster seat link helped. :)

Can't wait to see you guys at the reunion this summer!!!

Johnson said...

Oh I love the new color. You guys did a fantastic job!

Brasher family said...

Love it!!

Tori said...

I love it! There is always a little trauma in decorating right?

Tara said...

The whole room looks incredible, love the damask print.