Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Hiking Timp cave!

I am really behind in my posts, but a couple of weeks ago we hiked to the Timpanogos caves! We invited my sister Britt and her husband Steve to join us and am so glad we did! They not only made the trip more enjoyable, but they also helped us lighten our load by taking turns holding Pierce. The hike up to the cave was intense (for me anyway ). I really don't get out much and get the exercise I should. So when it came to hiking the trails I was dying! I was seriously sore from the whole thing days after. I couldn't even walk up and down the stairs in my house since my bum and shins were killing me. I really should have trained for this or something : )
The caves themselves were amazing! Pierce was quite the trooper and did really well. He did miss most of the tour inside of the cave since he took a little nap snuggled up to mom. All in all, it was a lot of fun and I really would go back if I wasn't so out of shape : )
The hiking crew
Ready set Hike!
Pierce was just hangin' While daddy did all the work!

Scary!
The fam
This is our tour guide next to what I think looks like a giant Lung!
Inside of the cave were a ton of curly things. Kinda like curly french fries.
Hope you like the analogies.
Us
Inside the cave it was really cold. So Pierce and I bundled up together. I guess he was pretty comfortable since he took a nice long nap while we were inside the cave.
This is what the guide called the "Heart of Timpanogos Cave".
It did look like a heart expecally when they turned out all the lights except for a red light they placed behind it that made it glow deep red. creepy!
After the long hike Uncle Steve stopped for a drink of water and Pierce wanted to jump right in!

1 comment:

Brasher family said...

It looks like you guys had fun! I love all the pictures!

I wish you could have come out for the shower, it would have been so fun to have you. Don't worry, we'll get all the girls together soon!! Abby is really cute, and I am so glad that Linds got her little girl!