Hey everyone from Atlanta! I was sad when I got here and realized I didn't bring a camera, but I am at a job fair conference. It is called NSHMBA, the National Society of Hispanics MBA. BYU is probably the biggest attendee here with about 150 students so we are well known.
I was also suprised how big the conference hall is. There are so many companies to the likes of Dell, Microsoft, Waste Management, Target, Cisco, Intel, and a bunch of other Consumer Packaged Goods like General Mills, P&G, etc. I was really pessimistic about going and felt more and more sick on the airplane, but it slowly became better as I walked through the conference. When someone actually shows some interest in you then you get really excited. I didnt have any interviews before I came, whereas last year every student had at least 5 interviews. The market has really slowed down the hiring process and increased the number of people looking for jobs so its that many times harder.
Luckily, I impressed Boston Scientific and I got a 2nd interview. I tried calling a few people that had worked for them and get some tips. I also spoke with Dell even though they already recruit at BYU. I am hoping for another interview tomorrow. It is always funny when people reject you or give you some excuse and then you hear that someone else was asked for an interview.
Hope everyone else is doing well and wish you all the best in these hard times.
Chris
1 comment:
Honey, I love you sooo much! I am glad you are having a good time. The only thing is that Pierce and I miss you! Be safe and we cant' wait to see you when you get home! Good luck with the interviews!
Post a Comment