Courtney woke up at 5:30 am on Sunday morning thinking her water had broke. Unfortunately, instead of water, it was heavy bleeding. Since she was on bedrest, blood thinners, etc. we rushed to the hospital. We were very happy to hear that it was the cervix expanding and the baby was perfectly fine. She was dialated to 6 centimeters and was definitely going to have the baby today.
We were admitted and rested until bloodwork had been done to find out if she could have an epidural. Courtney was definitely excited to hear later that she could get an epidural. We knew the pregnancy would be a little difficult, but the delivery was fast. They broke her water and about 30 mins later she was ready to push. Courtney only pushed once!
Tinley looked great! Although born at 36.5 weeks and only weighing 5 lbs. 13 ounces, she did really well. No lung problems like Pierce had even though she was smaller. She is really cute (at least we feel so!) and has all tiny features. She eats well, sleeps well, and is looking great.
We are very grateful for helping parents, family, and friends. Susie was so kind to help us pack a couple days before. They also took care of Pierce during this process. Britt and Steve came down early from their anniversary and supported us. Renae took the dogs for us while we adjust. Thank you everyone.
Chris






13 comments:
She is beautiful you guys! Congratulations! We are glad to hear that both mommy and baby are doing well!!!! And what an adorable name for a girl!!!! Take care and Congrats again!
Congrats Chris and Court! She is so beautiful and I can't wait to meet her!
im so glad everything went well! she is beautiful! how is the big brother doing with it all???
She is adorable, congratulations!
I love tinley!!! she is sooo cute!!! I can't wait for Quinn to meet her! they will be bestest friends:)
First of all, great job at posting what happened AND pics, too--pretty impressive for the day after! She is beautiful (how could she not be?;) and we are so happy to hear she had no problems (Court or the baby) being born a little early. CONGRATS!!
Congratulations guys! She is so tiny and perfect. Hope everything is going well!!
Congratulations!!! I am happy to hear both baby and Mama are doing well.
Aww Congrats you guys!! She is so precious! Love the name. So glad everything went well of you. It's so fun having another one!
Congratulations! She is so cute. Glad you both are doing well
I love her little hat! She is darling, I can't wait to meet her and introduce her to little Carter!
We are glad to hear everyone is well. It must have been really scary to think your water broke and then see blood. Tinley is adorable and so blessed to have you as parents!
Wow, what a surprise!! I loved hearing the story and especially loved hearing that everything turned out ok and that sweet little Tinley is happy and healthy. I love the name. Congrats you guys.
Post a Comment