Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tinley 6 months

Its so sad that its taken me so long. My little Tinley is growing up way too fast! The last time I posted I think she was two months old. I know it looks like I have neglected our little one since I have not been up to date with blogs posts, but in life and at home she is our everything and very much part of the fam. Life, right now, is pretty much all about miss Tinley. Not that she requires a lot of attention as she is a very well mannered little 6 month old. But she is my little shadow, my little sidekick, always at my side.

Pierce, as well, loves his little Tin-ee. That's hows he says her name and I think its the cutest thing. I wanted to share three little stories that show how much Pierce loves his new little sister.

First, we were all in the car headed to Chris's parents house, which is about a 40 min drive. At the beginning of our drive I looked over at Pierce and Tinley and saw that Pierce had held on to Tinley's hand. When we were almost done with our long 40 min drive. I looked back again to see that Pierce, and a now, sleeping Tinley were still holding hands! I quietly asked Pierce if he loved his sister and he gave me a huge smile as he looked down at their hands. It was one of the sweetest things ever! I still can't believe he held her hand for that long. Cute kid.

Second, the other day he was playing with three bunnies (yes, he's already playing with his sisters toys:) and he told me one was daddy (the biggest bunny) the 2nd was mommy and the 3rd was Pierce. He then looked around the room and said... where is Tin-ee bunny??? He then picked up me (the mommy bunny) and said... this will be Tin-ee with a big smile on his face. So I guess his little sister has taken my place which is fine by me:). Its nice to know that Tinley is definitely part of the family and that its ok with Pierce that she is here to stay.Another moment I will never forget is when Pierce expressed his love for his little sister at their first doctor shot visit together. Pierce went first to get his vaccines and tried to be as brave he could be but a few small tears happened to escaped from his big blue eyes. He then got a lolly pop (his favorite might I add) and he was as good as new. Then it was Tinley's turn. Pierce was on Chris's lap while I held Tinley. The nurse then gave Tinley her shot and sweet little Tinley began to cry. Pierce hopped off Chris's lap while saying over and over in such a concerned and worried voice, "It's ok Tin-ee, its ok." As he tried to run to her and comfort her. The nurse and I both looked at Chris as he wrapped his arms around Pierce since Tinley still had one more shot to go. Again pierce tried to run to her and he repeated over and over it's ok Tin-ee, it's ok. As he himself began to cry right along with her. It was so sweet to see how badly he wanted to comfort and protect her even to the point where he himself began to cry.

Tinley also LOVES her big brother. She loves smiling at him whenever he is around even if he isn't even looking at her:). Whenever I can't get her to calm down I ask Pierce to come over to her. Right when he is in her view she stops crying and smiles. Pierce was also the first one to make Tinley giggle. It was so funny since he wasn't even doing anything funny. He was just walking back and forth in front of her. At first we thought she was crying since it was such a high pitched tone but she was beaming from ear to ear.

These are the moments where I LOVE being a mom. Those small glimpses of love and affection make it all worth while. And thanks to Chris who gives me the opportunity to see these special moments. Since I am lucky enough to have a hubby that lets me stay home with these little guys.


4 comments:

Brittny said...

so cute!! I love their sweet relationship. It's fun to see little families grow and be such good friends. now we know why that was always mom's biggest goal:) I love sweet Tinley baby! She is such a doll!!

Lindsay said...

I honestly love it when I see Tinley in something of Abby's. I get all happy and I am so glad I shared. Enjoy it. p.s. I loved the shots story.

Jessica said...

Oh. My. Gosh.!!!!! They are sooo cute together!! I almost cried when I was reading about them holding hands...and the shot story!?!?! So darling Court!!! How fun to have them so close in age:)

Menolli and Brian Quick said...

I love how Tinley is looking up at Pierce! Their going to be such good buddy's growin up.